The hallelujah dietBased on a biblical foundation and years of research,
statistics, and powerful testimonials—including the author’s own dramatic
story—George Malkmus’ The Hallelujah Diet has caused
people from all walks of life to stop and reconsider their daily food
consumption habits.
You will experience new hope for your health as you discover:
·
• The Biblical foundation of the diet
and the power of God’s living foods.
·
• The role modern medicine plays in
our society.
·
• The Hallelujah Diet® in detail,
including the importance of eating living and organic foods.
·
• Incorporating exercise, sunlight,
fresh air and clean drinking water into our lives.
·
• Stress and emotional balance, and
the importance of getting adequate rest.
·
• How to make choices, set goals, and
chart the course for success.
This book also includes:
·
• Comments by doctors attesting to
the diet.
·
• Inspiring testimonies by people who
have healed themselves of various diseases, including Cancer, Diabetes, and
Depression, among others.
·
• Recipes, worksheets, journals,
recommended reading, and much more.
Stressing the healing power of food and how its proper use
restores the body to a natural, healthy state, this book provides life-changing
and life-saving information, recipes, and eating plans that have been proven
safe and miraculously successful. It encourages a healthy change in eating,
promoting exercise, fresh air, pure water, sunshine, and rest.
When I was
a child, I did not think that my brain was capable of doing much of anything.
My classmates considered me the class dummy, and I saw no need to debate their
conclusion. My mom however, always believed in me. She knew I had a brain, and
she was convinced that brain could be my ticket to a bigger, better world
beyond our tiny home and life on the big city streets of Detroit.
And she was
right............
Purchase
this book and you will know that you have a brain.
1: Find out the thing you
love to do, then do it.
I began playing sports at the age of 9. At that age I was
full of energy, enthusiasm, excitement, and a desire to compete with others.
The early morning practices, weekend games, and fun times with my friends gave
me something to look forward to. I wanted to be the next Deion Sanders on the
football field and Allen Iverson on the court. I would watch those guys play
and study their every move. In my head I had learned the exact technique and
body movement of Iverson’s crossover and figured out exactly how high I needed
to lift my legs when I high-stepped towards the end-zone like Deion. I watched
every game, practiced in the backyard, purchased the jerseys, and wore the
wristbands just like them. Soon I realized that a large part of the reason for
their success was not just because they were talented, or their stats, or that
they looked good doing it. It was because they truly loved what they did. It
was then that I discovered Step 1 to success. “Success is in loving your work.”
They loved it so much that they “Studied to show thyself approved.” ~ 2 Timothy 2:15 Something I had heard in church all my life. In order
to be successful a man must be willing to put in the work. As an athlete or
business professional it is important that you keep up with relevant news, read
articles, attend conferences, conventions, and take an active interest in
continuous education and personal development. In other words, you must become
a student of the game. The greats find joy in the preparation for battle. They
fall in love with the process of becoming successful, not just the feeling of
success itself. Why is that? It’s because they have found the thing that they
love to do, they followed their heart, and then they did it! The same measure
holds true for a successful man today.
Step 2: Specialize in some
particular branch of work.
As an athlete we are taught to choose a position and focus
on playing that position. As a college freshman I was encouraged to choose a
major to focus on until graduation. After college we are encouraged to choose a
specialty and concentrate on it until we find a career that aligns with it.
When I transitioned from an athlete to a blue-collar worker I struggled to find
a job that aligned with my true passion in life. I couldn’t see my life outside
of football and lacked the motivation to truly give some other career path my
all. It wasn’t until I had an “ah ha” moment as a volunteer football coach at
my old high-school. It was that experience that helped me realize that I did
not actually love football for what I could do for the sport. I realized that I
loved football for what the sport did for me. I loved entertaining the crowd,
being a part of a team, competing to make myself and others better, and the therapy
that came along with running full speed through another person without going to
the principals office or jail. I soon realized that regardless of the final
outcome of my football career, I was already successful. How was that? you ask…
In that season of life I had aligned my interest in my work with my desire to
serve others and become a go-to guy for knowledge, help, and information. In
the words of my mathematician friends, “I specialized in a specific craft that
helped X do Y to accomplish Z.” I had aligned my life’s experiences, desires,
education, interest, and passion with a particular branch of work and become
the go-to guy for information. I was a coach, a mentor, a leader, and a
specialist. By becoming a specialist I could focus my time, effort, and energy
each day. I woke up with a renewed sense of belonging and an internal drive to
understand and learn more so I could be better and pass it on to others. I
realized that by specializing in a particular branch of work, profession,
position and skill that I had experienced true success on the inside. For the
first time I experienced a deep sense of purpose, peace, joy, contentment, and
success as a young man. The same measure holds true for a successful man today.
Step 3: Be sure that the
things you want to do does not result in your own success only.
“A successful man is not selfish.” To truly be successful
your desire must not be selfish. It must benefit humanity. Your ideas, effort,
and actions must involve the purpose of blessing and serving the world. If so,
life will give it back to you “pressed down, shaken together, and running over.” ~ Luke
6:38 The true meaning of life is
found in doing things for others that could more than likely never repay you.
It’s one of the key qualities of extending grace to others. As an unmarried man
nearing 40, I have found that the journey of life isn’t as sweet when you take
it alone and do things for reasons that solely revolve around self. Yes, as a
man, it’s important to be able to care for yourself but to become truly
successful you can’t be the only person that you care for or about. The
traumas, heartbreak, and experiences of life have made me want to curl up
inside and cloak myself in a sheet full of selfishness. It was during those
periods of severe withdrawal from others that I realized that it was the
ability to interact, serve, and care for others that I truly found meaningful
and purposeful in life. My experience as a 9-yr old wanna be Deion and “ah-ha”
moment as a volunteer high-school football coach helped me realize that in
addition to falling in love with my work and becoming the go-to person for
wisdom, it was also the desire to help others succeed that helped me find the
true meaning of success. My desire to see my teammates happy along with my desire
to see my players accomplish a new personal best or complete a championship
season gave me a sense of internal satisfaction that nobody could take away
from me. Years later, when we all grow older and drift apart to follow our own
path I can look back on the memories and impact I had on those that I helped
and served along the way to bring me joy and ultimately helped me become
successful as a man. I’ve come to realize that it wasn’t the championship
rings, trophies, medals, degrees, titles, money, or status that defines
success. The
true measure of a successful man lies in his ability to do something with his
life that results in the success of others and not just his own.
For
the past decade, youth pastors around the world have used the bestselling Purpose Driven Youth
Ministry to help guide
them as they build a healthy youth ministry that is aimed at impacting the
lives of teenagers. Written by renowned youth ministry expert Doug Fields, this
book is one that both lay and professional youth workers cannot afford to miss.
Purpose
Driven Youth Ministry doesn’t present a program to be
copied into any context. Rather, it presents foundational principles of youth
ministry that help you develop the ministry that best meets the needs of the
students in your unique setting. This classic will help you build a student
ministry with purpose as well as provide examples and testimonies from youth
workers around the globe.
“I believe PDYM will
be the standard by which all youth ministry programs are judged for years to
come. It is solid enough for the college or seminary classroom and practical
enough for the novice.” —Chap Clark, Professor of Youth, Family, and Culture,
Fuller Theological Seminary







